The University of California Community Service Organization acts as a liaison between students, community members, and the Police. CSO consists of approximately 70 students who patrol the campus on bicycles reporting emergencies. They provide public assistance and personal safety escorts, security checks, and detect safety hazards on campus and in campus facilities. CSO provides security for campus events and residence halls. CSO also conducts a program of bicycle safety education, licensing, and enforcement.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Starting wage is $13.00, $13.50 after completing training, plus additional compensation for working night shifts. There are many opportunities for merit based pay increases after that.
For more benefit information please visit UCnet.
- Currently enrolled at UCSB as a full-time student.
- At least one year remaining at UCSB.
- Current GPA of at least 2.0.
- Free from disability obstructive to job performance.
- No felony convictions (pursuant to Government Code Section 1029).
- Possession of valid Class-C California Driver's License with a safe driving record as evidenced by a DMV report.
- Successful completion of oral interviews and pre-employment background investigation.
- Ability and willingness to work in a university environment - rich in diversity containing a wide variety of ethnicities, cultures, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations.
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment, which demands high integrity, accountability and involvement in the community as a leader and a problem solver.
- Be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
How to Apply
|Step 1||Come by and pick up an application OR download both of these files now. CSO JOB APPLICATION|
|Step 2||Type or print your answers to all the questions on the forms.|
|Step 3||Return all forms to:|
|Community Service Organization
UCSB Police Department
Public Safety Building
574 M.C. 1010
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1010
To contact the CSO Coordinator
Phone: (805) 893-2325
University of California Santa Barbara is committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body, and welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities.