This email is being sent to the campus community as a Timely Warning regarding a crime that occurred on campus property. The following is provided for your personal safety.
The UCSB Police Department received two reports of burglaries that occurred in the Ocean Walk Neighborhood at North Campus Faculty Housing between the evening of October 11, 2019 and the morning of October 12, 2019. In both instances, the reporting party's garage door was found open, their vehicles has been rummaged through, and property was taken. There is no suspect information at this time.
UCPD is investigating this crime. If you have information that might assist in the investigation, please contact the UCSB Police Department at (805) 893-3446, or report crime information anonymously at www.police.ucsb.edu/contact-us/report-crime.
- Ensure that all doors, windows, and desks are closed and locked. Do not prop open doors or allow unauthorized persons into secured/locked buildings.
- Immediately report inoperable locks and latches to the appropriate maintenance personnel.
- Never leave purses, wallets, electronics, or other valuables in plain sight.
- Immediately report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to the UCSB Police Department at (805) 893-3446.
- UCPD encourages the community to use safety services, such as the emergency phones identified by a blue light. When walking to and from campus and Isla Vista locations, you can request an escort by calling (805) 893-2000 or by calling on the emergency phones located throughout the UCSB Campus. For more information: http://www.police.ucsb.edu/cso/safety-escorts/.