This email is being sent to the campus community as a Timely Warning regarding crimes that occurred on campus property. The following is provided for your personal safety.
The UCSB Police Department received a report of a set of burglaries that occurred at the Greenhouse and Garden Project located west of Harder Stadium between the morning of September 20, 2020, and the morning of September 21, 2020. Two sheds located on the property had their locks pried off and a number of tools were stolen from one of the sheds.
In addition to these burglaries, UCPD also received two reports of vehicles that were broken into in Parking Lot 56 (located at Storke Family Student Housing). In both cases, the victim reported that items were stolen from their vehicle. These thefts occurred between the evening of September 20, 2020, and the morning of September 21, 2020.
- Immediately report inoperable locks and latches to the appropriate maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that all doors, windows, and desks are closed and locked. Do not prop open doors or allow unauthorized persons into secured/locked buildings.
- Never leave purses, wallets, electronics, or other valuables in plain view or unattended.
- Immediately report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to the UCSB Police Department at (805) 893-3446.
- UCPD encourages the community to use safety services, such as the emergency phones identified by a blue light. When walking to and from campus and Isla Vista locations, you can request a safety escort by calling (805) 893-2000 or by calling on the emergency phones located throughout the UCSB Campus. For more information: http://www.police.ucsb.edu/cso/safety-escorts/.