Aggravated Assault Report
This email is being sent to the campus community as a Timely Warning regarding a crime that occurred on campus-adjacent public property. The following is provided for your personal safety.
The UCSB Clery Act Coordinator received an anonymous report of an aggravated assault that occurred at People’s Park in the early morning hours of October 7, 2017. The victim was asked for the time by three male suspects. When the victim pulled out his cell phone to look at the time, he was physically assaulted by the three suspects. No additional information is available at this time.
If you have information about this incident, please contact the UCSB Police Department at 805-893-3446, or report crime information anonymously at www.police.ucsb.edu/contact-us/report-crime.
UCPD reminds the campus community of the following safety tips:
• Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Follow your instincts. Safety is the first priority.
• If you feel you are in danger, take action. Move away from the threat, cross the street, increase your pace, or run to safety.
• Join a group of people or enter an open business establishment.
• Do not delay in calling 911. UCPD strongly encourages the reporting of suspicious activity so we can intervene in potential criminal activity and apprehend suspects.
• UCPD encourages the community to use safety services, such as the emergency phones identified by a blue light. When walking to and from campus and Isla Vista locations, you can request an escort by calling (805) 893-2000 or by calling on the emergency phones located throughout the UCSB Campus. For more information: http://www.police.ucsb.edu/cso/safety-escorts/