This email is being sent to the campus community as a Timely Warning regarding a crime that occurred on campus property. The following is provided for your personal safety.
The UCSB Police Department received a report of two burglaries that occurred at Storke Family Student Housing and Santa Ynez Apartments on June 9th, 2017.
The first occurred at Storke Family Student Housing off of Mesa Road at about 12:50 AM. An unknown person(s) entered the apartment through an open kitchen window. No items were taken and the suspect(s) fled prior to police arriving.
The second burglary occurred at Santa Ynez Apartments between 11:00 PM last night and 4:00 AM this morning. The suspect(s) entered the apartment by removing a screen and window to the apartment. A laptop was taken from the apartment.
There is no suspect description for either burglary.
UCPD is investigating this crime. If you have information that might assist in the investigation, please contact the UCSB Police Department at 805-893-3446, or report crime information anonymously at www.police.ucsb.edu/contact-us/report-crime.
UCPD reminds the campus community of the following safety tips:
· Ensure that all doors and windows closed and locked. Do not prop open doors or allow unauthorized persons into secured/locked buildings.
· Immediately report inoperable locks and latches to the appropriate maintenance personnel.
· Never leave purses, wallets, electronics, or other valuables in plain sight.
· Immediately report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to the UCSB Police Department at (805) 893-3446.
· UCPD encourages the community to use safety services, such as the emergency phones identified by a blue light. When walking to and from campus and Isla Vista locations, you can request an escort by calling (805) 893-2000 or by calling on the emergency phones located throughout the UCSB Campus. For more information: http://www.police.ucsb.edu/cso/safety-escorts/