The University of California Community Service Organization acts as a liaison between students, community members, and the Police. CSO consists of approximately 70 students who patrol the campus on bicycles reporting emergencies. They provide public assistance and personal safety escorts, security checks, and detect safety hazards on campus and in campus facilities. CSO provides security for campus events and residence halls. CSO also conducts a program of bicycle safety education, licensing, and enforcement.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Starting wage is $15.00 an hour, plus additional compensation for working night shifts. There are many opportunities for merit based pay increases after that.
For more benefit information please visit UCnet.
- Currently enrolled at UCSB as a full-time student.
- At least one year remaining at UCSB.
- Current GPA of at least 2.0.
- Free from disability obstructive to job performance.
- No felony convictions (pursuant to Government Code Section 1029).
- Possession of valid Class-C California Driver's License with a safe driving record as evidenced by a DMV report.
- Successful completion of oral interviews and pre-employment background investigation.
- Ability and willingness to work in a university environment - rich in diversity containing a wide variety of ethnicities, cultures, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations.
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment, which demands high integrity, accountability and involvement in the community as a leader and a problem solver.
- Be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
How to Apply
Apply Online Here: CSO ONLINE APPLICATION
To contact the Assistant CSO Coordinator
Phone: (805) 893-3928
|Community Service Organization
UCSB Police Department
Public Safety Building
574 M.C. 1010
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1010
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.