In order to provide for a safer community, the UCSB Police Department is offering a Bicycle/Skateboard Safety Class for those who have received a bike or skateboard citation.
This voluntary program requires participants attend a one-hour presentation on bicycle and skateboard safety. Upon completing this class, your fine of over $197.00 will be reduced to a $35.00 administrative fee.
If you desire to take this class, You must register within 14 days and complete the class within 21 days or your citation will be forwarded to court.
Who can take this class?
In order to be eligible to take this course, the following criteria must be met:
- The citation was issued by the UCSB Police Dept.
- The violator must not have completed the course within the same academic year.
- The citation was written for only one moving violation.
- The violation occurred on the UCSB Campus.
- If under 18 years old, written permission from a parent or legal guardian is required.
How do I sign up?
- Register for the class by going to Bldg 300 (Rm 105) on UCSB Campus.
- Bring your citation, personal identification and $35 cash or check.
- Office Hours: Tuesday - Friday 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
After successfully completing the course, your citation will be dismissed!
Please Note:If your citation also contains “fix-it violations”, they must be fixed prior to dismissing the citation.
When/Where will the class be?
The Safety Class will be held on the first, third and fifth Friday of every month at 3:00 PM. The class begins promptly at 3:00 PM and lasts approximately one hour. Please note that class dates and times may be subject to change.